I know, this sounds counterintuitive. Editing makes your book better, and can help iron out wrinkles. Therefore, more editing is good, right?
I'd agree, but to a point. Editing is good, but too much editing can make you lose interest in your own book. There will probably be some minor problems (I know that my book has a small grammar mistake) but, as long as they don't take away from the readability or flow of the story, I honestly wouldn't worry about those.
Too much editing can also mean that your book starts to get mired in small bits of grammar that no one cares about or even knows, and it can start to look wrong.
Editing is good, and I really recommend at least a few rounds of edits. (My book had seven or eight). Just not so many that you get sick of your own writing.
A shorter tip this week, but that's all right.
No comments:
Post a Comment