Your writing is your way to express yourself. Obviously, if you don't write what you love to read or watch or whatever, you will not enjoy writing it. And if you don't enjoy writing it, your readers won't like to read it.
My opinion on forcing yourself to write is simple: if writing feels like a chore, you'll start to avoid it. It is good to write every day, but it doesn't always have to be writing that contributes to your novel in some way. If you are stuck at some point in your novel, don't beat at your your brains trying to continue the story. Give yourself a break, and time to rediscover the spark that will make your story unique. Quality over quantity, every time. There isn't even a contest there.
Ha! Your lucky day. That was two rants in one. Don't worry, there'll still be a Tip #4.
Don't write to please someone else. Write what you like, and in your own style. Because there are 7 billion people in the world, and if you like it, there will be other people who do. Trust me on that. My mom didn't like the way I wrote Unidentified (I don't think she really liked it at all, but I didn't write it for her.) I wrote what I liked, and I've even met some of the other people who like that same style. Different people have different tastes.
Scheduling posts in advance is a marvelous thing. We'll see how many tips I can get done.
No comments:
Post a Comment