Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Ten things you don't know about my book....

This is a list of ten things that readers don't know about my book.
  1. The main character's name.
  2. Her brother's name.
  3. The plot twist.
  4. What the names mean.
  5. The reason for the tree on the cover.
  6. Why I chose the names I did.
  7. How many pages it is.
  8. How many chapters there are.
  9. Where the story takes place.
  10. And, last but not least, where you can buy it.
That's right, my book is now available to purchase. You can find it on Amazon and Friesenpress (my publishing company). If you do buy my book and read it and love it, or don't, please leave a review on either of those sites, or comment on this blog. Now, I'm going to answer most of those things you don't know, so that you do know them when, or if, you read my book.
  1. Katelynn
  2. Jacob
  3. Not telling. You'll have to read the book to find out.
  4. Katelynn means 'pure' and Jacob means 'supplanter,' which will make more sense if you read my book.
  5. The tree is on the cover because it has a special meaning to Katelynn, as she's been dreaming about climbing a tree her whole life. It symbolizes peace and security for her, and the lighting is coming to destroy that peace.
  6. You'll have to read it.
  7. 120, so it's technically more of a novella.
  8. There are 16 or 17 chapters. I got the numbering wrong on one of my edits and now I can't ever remember which it actually was.
  9. The story takes place about 1000 years in the future, when Canada has disintegrated, and mostly been taken over by America. The only real independent part left is located in what used to be BC, which has been renamed Nura.
  10. You already know where you can buy it, because I told you.
Ta da! Now you know ten things that you probably didn't. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. mega fan of everythingMay 29, 2020 at 7:46 PM

    Would you have chosen different names in your story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it, but realized that I couldn't remember the new names. I did change the dictator's name in the later versions

      Delete

Thoughts and a story

 Good news, I am writing again some.  Bad news, I recently got a diagnosis for my mental health that is a bit concerning and means that I am...