Branching Creativity.
What an odd statement. What exactly do I mean by this?
Sometimes, it’s good to change tactics. I used to do this by having multiple stories with different plots on the go at the same time. That way, when one feels stale, I can get the creativity flowing by shifting gears.
It’s like taking a minute to step back when something isn’t working. Like taking a bit of a break to get another perspective.
Lately, for me, that’s taken the form of other hobbies, beyond writing. Writing has been a bit of a chore for me lately, and I’m not sure why. But I like being creative and getting the creativity moving, so I’ve been shifting gears a little. First I’ll paint, then I’ll do some writing while waiting for the paint to dry. Then I’ll do some 3D modelling, then write some when I’ve got my ideas flowing. It’s sort of like a warm up exercise for my brain.
I’m not sure if that’s helpful. But I find that doing something else when writing starts to feel too much like a chore helps to get the creative juices moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment