Pain sucks. I’m just gonna come right out and say it. Paper cuts, bruises, heartbreak. Yeah, it’s no fun.
But, sometimes pain is good. Pain can be, while maybe not healthy, helpful. Pain teaches us not to touch that hot stove, or to be careful with sharp knives.
Pain can also teach us something else, something useful. Writing from a place of pain can make your words more raw, more tangible, more powerful and meaningful.
I dunno. I’ve gone through a lot of pain lately. Chronic physical pain, grief, rejection, the works. Guess I’m trying to find a reason for the pain, or a benefit.
There is a kind of pain that is just bad all the time, and that is mosquitoes. I hate them more than I hate almost everything.
That’s all for now, I think. Hope you guys are having better days than me!
No comments:
Post a Comment